Hong Kong’s famous director Lo Alex Law passed away on the 2nd at the age of 70. He was a well-known director and screenwriter in the movie industry, with his representative works including Chow Yun Fat and Chung Chor Hung’s “This Korean drama/秋天的童话“, Maggie Cheung, Michelle Yeoh and Wu Jun Mei’s “The Soong Sisters/宋家皇朝“, and “Echoes of the Rainbow/岁月神偷“.
The news of his death was first spread in the circle of former students of his alma mater Diocesan Boys’ School, followed by friends who heard about it one after another, and it was rumored that he had a heart attack.
It is reported that he usually has no major health problems, and earlier friends gathering are normal, but now it is rumored that regret it.
Alex Law and his wife, Mabel Cheung, produced and filmed many classic movies together, including “Illegal Immigrants/非法移民“, “This Korean drama“, “Qi Xiao Fu/七小福“, “Beijing Fun and Fury/北京乐与怒” and “Echoes of the Rainbow“, etc. The couple had the title of “Male and Female Director”.
He directed “Echoes of the Rainbow” in 2009, which was a story based on his own childhood experiences growing up and starring Yam Tat-wah and Ng Kwan-yu.
He also won the “Best Screenplay” award at the Hong Kong Film Awards twice for “This Korean drama” and “Echoes of the Rainbow“, and “Qi Xiao Fu“, which he directed and wrote, won multiple awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards and the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards, for which he won the “Best Director” award at the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards. He won the “Best Director” award at the Taiwan Golden Horse Awards.
- Alyssa Chia and Gingle Wang starred in “The Falls”, which was nominated for 11 Golden Horse Awards and surpassed 10 million at the box office.
- The “Drifting” Received a total of 12 nominations at the 58th Golden Horse Awards.
- Dilraba was Nominated for the “Best Actress in the World” Award at the “International Iconic Awards 2022”
- Ang Lee Resigns as Chairman of the Golden Horse and Attends the celebration banquet
- 60-year-old Cui Jian Becomes the Best Male Mandarin Singer at the 33rd Golden Melody Awards